Wednesday, May 5, 2021

The Life We Dream

Oswald turns and sees the ghost of Josey. She is dressed in a flowing, seemingly wind-blown dress. He jumps back. She moves forward.

Oswald: Josey?

Josey: You don't look well. You have the signs written all over you. I could see it before. Now it's obvious.

Oswald: I'm dreaming. I know I'm dreaming.

Oswald: Always the dreamer. That's what I love about you. Even in the face of the obvious, you rebel, retreat into your dream world. It's your nature. 

Oswald puts a hand out, moves it around her.

Josey: We all have a particular nature. In it is good and bad. Some of it pushes us forward, some of it holds us back. Well, here I am. 

Oswald: Why is this happening?

Josey: Because, as one said, I have miles to go before I sleep. At least this time, I realize it's all just a dream, many dreams making up existence. Do I make sense?

Oswald: I still don't believe this. I still don't believe this is you. My mind is playing games with me. I'm going to close my eyes, and when I open them, you will be gone. He closes his eyes. One, two, three. He opens them.

Josey: Run, run away. But this time, you won't escape.


 

  

 

 






 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment